Tasty Tuesday

I’m super excited to share my latest food find!! It’s low in Smartpoints and high in comfort food satisfaction!! Just the combo I’ve been craving on these cold, winter nights!! How about you????

Turns out, one serving (1/4C) of Manwich sauce is only 1 SmartPoint, which got my attention right away since extra lean ground turkey is now Z*E*R*O SmartPoints! Woohooo….bring back the sloppy joes from childhood!

So here’s what I did:

1. Sauté finely diced onion, green pepper and and red pepper in a non stick pan.

2. Add a pound of extra lean ground turkey and sprinkle with some garlic seasoning. Cook thoroughly.

3. Once it was cooked through, add a can of Manwich sauce and let it simmer.

4. The sloppy joes I grew up on had a more sweet flavor, so I also added a little Stevia and salt to mine while it was simmering.

5. Serve a heaping helping over an open faced Healthy Life hamburger bun (2 Smart Points).

6. ENJOY! I estimated 1/2C of sauce for my portion, so that’s 3 Smart Points+ 2 SmartPoints for the bun.

7. Total SmartPoints for a generous sized meal = 5 SmartPoints. SOLD!

Try it and let me know what you think!

Have a terrific week and please reach out if I can be of any help to you!!

All is well😊

Love,

Terra❤️

Terra@StoneTowerProperties.com

Text: 630.921.5706

Weight Watchers Schedule

Tuesdays 10am Schaumburg WW Store

Thursdays 530pm Geneva WW Store

Showing 8 comments
  • Terra

Just noticed the photos are JUMBO! I made them smaller on http://www.TerraAyres.com, but if you are seeing this from the emails I sent out…sorry for the BOLD photos!! Have a great day, everyone!

• Sandy

Sweet- yummy to the tummy!

• Bob

Photos look good.

• Julie Tucker

OMG…..I used to LOVE sloppy joes!!!!! I am soooo gonna try this!!! Thanks!

Jules

• Shannon Karam

Hey Terra! I still use your Sloppy Joe casserole you gave out YEARS ago, when I was still in Illinois. It is one of my kids FAVS to this day! It’s the one with the thin pizza crust, but the meat is all sloppy joe! The convenience of the can is great, but I will ALWAYS use your sloppy joe recipe!
    Hope you are doing great!

• Kathleen

Can you please share that recipe?

• Terra

Hi Kathleen! I just saw your request to Shannon and I thought I would chime in! http://WWW.terraayres.com is set up so you can type any word I have ever written into the search bar and it will pull up all the posts that contain it. I typed in pizza to find the recipe Shannon referenced and it came right up! As I am looking at it, I would modify it now to make it lower in SmartPoints, by using extra lean ground turkey or chicken instead of beef. Many years ago, when I originally posted it, we were using Points Plus. The modification will be easy! When I have time, will make the changes and update the SmartPoints and repost for everyone. Until then…here is the link. Let me know you could find the recipe! http://www.terraayres.com/2014/02/03/tasty-tuesdaydeep-dish-pizza-casserole/

• Darin

Looks delish. I hope there’s still some left for when I get back from my business trip!!