Freedom

At times, making healthy lifestyle changes can feel difficult, time consuming and/or short lived.  Some days are hard!  Some weeks are hard!  But we have the ability to turn it around. When those thoughts of doubt creep in, stop and think of all the FREEDOM these changes bring with them and how worthwhile it is to keep moving forward on our journey.   Whether your struggle is to get to a weight goal or maintain the goal you’ve worked diligently to attain, I challenge you, as I am challenging myself, to step back and remind yourself daily how freeing it is to exercise dominion over your food choices and to stay in control. That’s a feeling no meal or snack can give and it is worth the time and effort.  We all have heavier eating days than others. Some planned, some not.  Some worth it, some not. The key is to jump right back to the healthy choices and portion control after.

What we DON’T want to do is let guilt or shame or any of the other feelings that accompany out of control eating keep us stuck in the cycle. You can break free today and feel lighter from the change in perspective immediately.  Your light shines brightest when you feel good about yourself and our world needs all of our light, shining at it’s brightest now more than ever!  Make up your mind to let loose of any negative self talk or dwelling on past choices and be FREE!!  It’s a new day and you can make new choices!!
I asked my phenomenal “tech guy” to make it as easy as possible for readers to post comments on my site. At the bottom of this post, you’ll see he has removed the spam security feature, so all you have to do it write something and post!  Thanks, Stu!!!

Please do me a huge favor and post a comment!!  Besides wanting to know it works, I’d love to know who’s out there with me!  We are in this together, so let’s keep it F-U-N by sharing with each other :-))

Hope to see you soon!

All is well❤️

Terra

Showing 33 comments
  • Tom

Great Saying!!!

• Terra

I thought so too!!A big thanks to Mary Story for sharing the quote with me so I could share it with you all!!

• Connie

Thanks for the wonderful reminder…freedom is worth the daily “sacrifices”.

• Kathy Henricks

Hi Terra, Thank you for your post. I have been struggling and Monday decided to get back on the wagon and track and measure. No more excuses. I own my slight weight gain of three ponds. I don’t own any clothes in a larger size.
    Kathy in Naperville

• Terra

Yay, Kathy!!! Great job

• Tracie

Loved this shining message! Thanks for the lift this morning !

• Terra

❤️Thanks for taking the time to post!! Makes me !!!

• Rene

Great motivation this morning….just what I needed! Thanks so much Terra!

• Alane in Bartlett

Well said Terra! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Terri

Thanks for posting Terra! Your positivity helps keep me going. Thank you!!!

• Lynne

You are the best! Thanks for the inspiration.

• Ni

This little light of mine-I am going to let it shine….
    Thanks Terra for the reminder!
    With you.

• Colleen McLaughlin

Great words of wisdom. I am determined this time (yes, there have been a few other WW journeys) to not get to the point that I feel that I don’t want/need to continue to eat healthy and mindfully. After 40 lbs gone, I do not want to be back where I started.

• Vivian, shaumburg meeting

You inspire me to do better. It has been a long journey with many ups and downs. I think I am finally getting a better handle on my choices.

• Monica Keane

Terra, I have gone completely off plan for more than a month. I won’t get on a scale, but I will stay on track today. No more travels for a while, so I’ll be back at your Tuesday meeting in Schaumburg.

• Vickie

Thank you Terra. Wonderful thoughts!!

• Leslie

Please remind me of your meeting dates/times/locations. Thanks!

• Terra

Hi Leslie! I’m at the Schaumburg Weight Watchers Store on Tuesdays for the 10am meeting and at the Geneva Weight Watchers Store on Thursdays leading the 530pm meeting. Hope to see you soon!

• Larry Bethers

Love your posts! It was timely as 3 boxes of donuts are sitting close to my desk. I gave in to the dark side of the force but just used my light saber to break free 🙂

• Terra Ayres

Haha—Way to go, Larry! Thanks for including me in your Fitbit challenges. Very motivating and fun!

• Karen

Tera-
    Thanks for the reminder that when you are in control, you feel powerful! It is so nice to keep carrying on with the plan —knowing I am the boss and get to make the decisions!

• Terra

Well said, Karen! Thanks for posting!!

• Karen

thanks for sharing! Really appreciate all u do for us all! Make it a great day!

• Carol Lynn

Love the post…it was timely. Sometimes you just need to hear or read the words. Thanks Terra.

• Mary Story

Thanks, Terra, for all your inspiration. I had an off-track birthday week but I’m on track this week. See you Thursday.

• Barb Doty

Thanks for this wonderful post! I know you’ll remember me, Terra from March, 2016 when you subbed for Brigid in North Aurora, and I walked in to the meeting room re-joining yet again and was feeling ashamed and very much down about starting all over again. Your words to me, “Barb, this is your year” have stayed in my mind every day. I lost a little over 60 pounds and am happy to say that I’ve kept most of them off. For the last year, I’ve been playing with 10 or so pounds (up and down, up and down) but because of what you said to me and with the support of Brigid, Erin and Laverne and our amazing Tuesday morning meeting in North Aurora, my mantra this time is QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION! In the past, if I had gotten to this point where I stopped losing weight and started to gain back a bit, I would throw in the towel, and it would be all over and I would once again let food control me. The old All or Nothing mentality! Now, I have good days and I have bad days (weeks too) but I will not give up and I will not go back to where I was before. It’s hard, but it was a lot harder being 50 pounds heavier. Thank you for continuing to inspire us!

• Terra

So good to hear from you, Barb!! You’re an inspiration!!

• Sandra Cass
  • Kathy Hanlon

Thank you Terra I used to go to your group and now I live in Colorado. your advice is as relevant to me today as it was a few years ago!! thank you so very much

• Terra

Thanks for keeping in touch!! CO is amazing—bet you love it! My son is at Colorado State

• JoAnne

Great article Terra!! Thank you!

• Kathleen

You were my leader a while back when you were a leader in Schaumburg. You were so motivating and you continue to motivate thru your blog. Thank you for sharing realistic goals and not worrying about the small stuff. We all struggle from time to time. You always share such good advice.
    Kathleen

• JW

Terra,

Sometimes you hear exactly what you need to, at the right time, and place. Thanks . . . do you have a crystal ball?