Click to receive my emails!
Events My Challenge To You Videos! Weight Watchers

Share Your Success!

Hello!  I quickly put this video together last night to share a couple of my thoughts, remind you I’ll be Leader subbing in Geneva this morning (Tuesday, July 26th) at 930am AND most importantly to ask for your input!  Please share your best tip for staying within your Daily Smart Points Target!  If your not on Weight Watchers, share how you keep your portions in check so that you’re losing weight consistently.  If everyone posts one tip in the comment section, we will have an awesome list of ideas to help each other!  Donate 5 minutes of your time and speak up!!  Success is contagious so don’t hold back!!

I’ll also be Leader subbing in North Aurora at 930am this Thursday, July 28th. Hope to see you at one of the meetings!

All is Well❤️

Terra😄

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

Daphne
    July 26, 2016 at 9:00 am

I make sure I have a desireable substitute for whatever (undesirable) I want to cut out. For example, pre-made combo of nuts and raisins instead of chips; lemonade instead of wine; sprouted whole wheat bread slice with ghee instead of croissant; bottle of water instead of fill-in-the-blank when I’m watching tv. It takes a little effort at the beginning, but then becomes a habit. Yay!!

Marsha Pedersen
    July 26, 2016 at 9:23 am

Having things prepared in advance so they’re ready when the munchies attack is important to me. I’m always hungry late afternoon, and noticed that my husband was diving into chips and pretzels at that time as well. Now I set out an attractively-arranged platter of cut up veggies at around 4:00. No dip, just a light sprinkling of salt. Snacking on them keeps us from reaching for those crinkly-sounding bags!

Barb Doty
    July 27, 2016 at 8:24 am

Yes, I know that it’s ME that you’re talking about in your video! 🙂 I’m blushing! And yes, I have been so successful this time since I started on March 8 when you were filling in that day in North Aurora. The one thing that you neglected to say in your video was what you said to me that day and what I truly feel has made a big difference for me and is contributing to my success. I had shared with you how so many times I would rejoin Weight Watchers but would soon get discouraged and quit always gaining back everything that I had lost. You then said to me, “Barb, this is your year!” That simple statement has stuck with me and is implanted in my brain. You said it to me so confidently, and I can honestly say that I now have a confidence that I’ve never possessed before when it comes to weight loss. Before, I would always think about my past failures. I realize now that the past and my pattern of losing and gaining doesn’t matter–no matter how many times it happened. What matters is today and each day going forward. Quitting is not an option for me.

That being said, it’s not like I don’t have my moments when old habits resurface and I give in to my indulgences. But I view those moments differently now. In the past, a trip to Dairy Queen would be enough to make me “snap” and sabotage myself with negative thoughts about being a failure and that would soon lead to me quitting yet again another time. It definitely was the All or Nothing mentality. Now, I know that I’m going to have cravings and indulgences that I’m going to give in to and yes, even negative thoughts about myself, but that is a part of my life. I don’t have to be perfect all of the time, and it’s unrealistic to think that I could or should be. It’s actually quite freeing to have this new mindset. No matter what happens or what the scale shows, I’ll go to my meeting.

So, thank you, Terra–you truly have made a difference in my life. And yes, THIS IS MY YEAR!

Terra
      July 27, 2016 at 9:16 am

Thanks for sharing, Barb!!!!!! You’re a true inspiration!!! You’re joy is contagious! Do you mind if I put this in an upcoming blog post so those who don’t go through the comments can still read your story??? Let me know

Barb Doty
    July 29, 2016 at 11:18 am

Yes that would be just fine! 🙂

Doris Corn
    August 1, 2016 at 11:49 am

Hi Terra and everyone . I used to see Terra at Schaumburg WW Center .
    I think an important thing for me to keep within my point or actual calorie count for the day is – I need to eat or include in my daily meals, food with more fiber such as beans / legumes . Or foods that just satisfy me more or for longer period of times. And that usually helps me stick close to my daily food program I am doing much better .