Getting back on track after spring break is not ALL about cutting back. Many important aspects of the weight loss process involve ADDING behaviors and drinking more water is certainly one of them. Increasing your water daily intake is an easy way to start feeling even better quickly and it has clearly been proven to aid in weight loss. Often times we don’t even realize that we can or should feel better until after we start drinking more and then really feel the difference. TRY IT YOURSELF AND SEE!
10 Reasons to Drink Water*
1. Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
2. Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
3. Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
4. Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
5. For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
6. Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
7. Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
8. Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
9. Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
10. Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.